Today on Talesfromtheturnbuckle.com We have an exclusive Interview that I conducted with The Iron Sheik. It’s a very fast brief interview. Iron Sheik didn’t have a lot of time to talk. But I’m grateful for the couple minutes he gave me for this interview to be done. Yeah, he is always on the media cursing and hollering, but The Iron Sheik is a wrestling legend and should be respected. Hulk Hogan didn’t run wild with Hulkamania till after he pinned the Iron Sheik for the WWF Championship.
Funny story before I present you the interview. I’m a wrestler to. Back in 2004, I was scheduled to do a match against the Iron Sheik in Greenville Ohio in a Bootcamp Match. Iron Sheik’s knees were shot and he was in no shape to wrestle. The Promoter quickly changed our bootcamp match to a tag match match instead, with me teaming with the Iron Sheik against a indie tag team that trained in Ohio. Me and Sheik won, with me taking most of the match. On our way out to the ring, Iron Sheik cut a promo and introduced me as his nephew from Iran and I had to wear a turban. After the match was over, Iron Sheik didn’t break kayfabe. He was telling everybody in the locker room that I really was his nephew and he told me to keep it a secret from the boys in the locker room and they all believed Sheik. EC3 from TNA Impact Wrestling was even in that locker room back then and believed I was Sheik’s nephew. After we left the building we went to a few places to party and I had to still wear the turban and Sheik was still introducing me to everyone as his nephew. Just thought I would share that story with you before I show you the interview. Iron Sheik is a good man, funny guy to. I respect the hell out of him. Below is the interview I conducted with Sheik. Again, its very short, only a couple minutes long. But it’s a good read:
Hello Sir and welcome to talesfromtheturnbuckle.com, Iron Sheik. Its a honor to have you as a guest on our show today.
- How did you get picked to be the bodyguard for the Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi?
I.S.: I AM BADDEST MAN ON THE EARTH. IRAN RESPECT ME THE KING KNOW I PROTECT HIM
- When your friend and idol Gholamreza Takhit was believed to be murdered by the government, is that what made you want to leave Iran for the United states?
I.S.: YOU WATCH MY MOVIE BUBBA I EXPLAIN IT IN FULL DETAIL. VERY SCARY TIME. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/movie/the-sheik/id929781397
- Who Trained you to become a pro wrestler?
I.S.: THE VERN GAGNE HELP ME I COME FROM SCHOOL WITH THE RIC FLAIR, JIM BRUNZELL, AND KEN PATERA BUBBA
- What are your thoughts working for the Nwa Territories, AWA, and WCCW?
I.S.: OH OLD DAY DIFFERENT THAN TODAY. TERRITORY HAVE LOT OF WORK FOR ALL THE BOYS. ALL THOSE PLACES HOT PLACES FOR HEEL COUNTRY. I LOVE MY TERRITORY DAY
- How did you feel when you defeated Bob Backlund for the WWE Championship?
I.S.: IT WAS A GREAT MOMENT. I DEFEAT MR. BOB BACKLUND AND BREAK HIS BACK. I AM LEGEND.
- Where you upset when WWE gave you a short title run by dropping the belt to Hulk Hogan?
I.S.: NEVER. I DO MY JOB PROFESSIONAL MR MCMAHON TELL ME I DO BEST JOB AND I BECOME GREATEST HEEL OF MY GENERATION
- You where very angry towards Hulk Hogan, do you still not like Hulk or did you two make peace?
I.S.: FUCK THAT HOLLYWOOD PIECE OF SHIT. MR HULK HOGAN PROMISE SHEIK HE WILL RETURN FAVOR. NEVER DID. I STILL WAITING ON FAVOR FROM HIM. I DROP TITLE TO HIM, MADE HULKAMANIA, BUT SHEIK NEVER GET FAVOR BACK. FUCK HIM
- Your bootcamp matches with Srgt Slaughter are considered by many, some of the most brutal and bloody matches in WWE History. What are your thoughts on Sgt Slaughter and the bootcamp match?
I.S.: EXCELLENT QUESTION.WE HAVE THE MOST HEAT EVER IN THE GARDEN. EVERYBODY GO CRAZY BECAUSE THE HOSTAGE SITUATION. I LOVE THIS TIME BECAUSE THE PEOPLE VERY HAPPY ABOUT THE AMERICA BUT NOT FOR THE IRAN
- In 1991, WWE called you back to work for them again. This time to team with Sgt Slaughter and Iraqi General Adnan. Why didnt WWE bring you back as The Iron Sheik, why did they change your name to Colonel Mustafa?
I.S.: DIFFERENT SITUATION DIFFERENT GIMMICK. THEY WAN’T TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. BUT EVERYBODY REMEMBERED THE SHEIK. THE LEGEND. IT DIDNT LAST LONG BUBBA.
- In 2001, you won a battle royal for WWE at Wrestlemania 17 and in 2005 you where inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame. What where your thoughts on being inducted into the 2005 Hall of Fame?
I.S.: I KNOW I MAKE IT THEN. I KNOW I BECOME THE REAL FOREVER AND THE PEOPLE LOVE ME BECAUSE I AM THE REAL LEGEND
Thank you Iron Sheik for being a guest on talesfromtheturnbuckle.com. You are a true wrestling icon. Your even a celebrity now. I watched your documentary titled Sheik, which is available to watch on netflix or purchase it. And years ago, me and you worked on the same wrestling event. You managed me in ohio and I thank you so much sir for that experience you gave me. Thank you again for being a guest on talesfromtheturnbuckle.com and have a nice day.
Follow Iron Sheik on Twitter by clicking here